Rosh Hashanah (& Some Other Things)
- Happy New Year to all you lovely Jews out there! (Do I have any Jewish readers? I don’t know. But having a Jewish bestie in law school keeps me plugged into the big Jewish holidays. I may even go to synagogue with her on Thursday!)
- I’ve been reading about the adventures of a couple of extreme endurance athletes whose blogs I follow. Both The Fat Cyclist and Jill Homer have taken amazing European trips in the last month – Fatty and his wife went to France for an epic cycle, and Jill followed her boyfriend Beat for his 200 mile run in the Tour de Geants. (Yes, you read that right. It takes like 5 days of running, straight through the night, through the Alps. Craziness. But craziness I understand.) Both have described some pretty darn amazing feats, and posted breathtaking photos. I want to do these types of trips. My feet are itching! Perhaps when I am in my forties, and my children no longer need me so deeply, I can punish my body with extended mountain cycling trips while reward my eyeballs with the scenery. This stuff is right up my alley. It will be very hard to start training for such mountainous trips if I spend the rest of my working years on the Gulf Coast, which could not be more flat. But I’ll figure it out. 🙂
- In the meantime, I’m trying to up my game by including the children in my exercise. I cycle with two boys riding behind me in a trailer. I run pushing two boys ahead of me in a stroller. It definitely increases endurance to schlep 65 extra pounds along with me. I’m still fatter than normal, though. Maybe I should stop complementing my jogs with Nilla wafers and frosting in the evenings.
- All of these pictures of these travels through exotic locales has me excited for our upcoming Bar Trip. Don’t tell him, but I’m thinking the Professor will be getting some kind of Lonely Planet guide to Quebec for Christmas or his birthday. Shhhh.
- I joined google plus. That’s all I have to say on the matter at this point. Except I was surprised how many friends and family are already on it.
This entry was posted in Travel
. Bookmark the permalink