These are my 2013 resolutions:
1. I am not resolving to keep up my morning yoga. Not one bit. Since every year I resolve to keep it up, I end up letting it slide, and so I am resolving not to resolve to continue to practice morning meditation/yoga.
2. I am resolving to make a trip to visit each of my siblings this year. The middle one is easy, since she lives near my mother, but the other three will be a bit more of a challenge. Weekend flights will be in the budget, m’dear, because I’m making this happen.
3. I resolve to run three organized races next year. As I’ve already signed up for three, this seems likely!
4. I resolve to take at least one long, leisurely bicycle ride, with or without family. Preferably flat.
5. I resolve to increase our charitable giving. I suppose the husband has to sign onto this one, but I think he’ll be with me. I like the idea of “tithing” – giving 10% total, but to various charitable sources, not just the church. We are nowhere near there, and I’m not resolving to get to 10% in 2013 by any means, but I’d like to creep towards that goal. Besides Cystinosis Research Network and St. Jude Cancer Research, do you all have any pet charitable projects you’d like to propose we contribute to?
6. I resolve to write something 10+ pages long for pleasure. A short story, perhaps?? A terrible epic poem?
7. I resolve to read ten – TEN – amazing novels. Hit me up – any recommendations?
8. I resolve to do 200 workouts next year. Totally stealing this from a friend, but I love the idea. My problem will be keeping track of this, as much as making it happen, but that’s all part of the challenge. Yoga counts.
Oh, that’ll do. I’m most excited about #2. Memphis*, sisters**, and soon? We could split a hotel!!
New Year will arrive very soon. We are drinking some pretty gross champagne, and since Clemson just had an amazing win against LSU, we are wide awake with adrenaline and likely to make it to midnight. Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night! Farewell, 2012, you were largely kind to me, and I am sorry to see you go. Hello, 2013. Please be gentle with us. We are a bit battered, and eager for rest. Peace and blessings to all -
*My only brother lives in Memphis.
**I have three sisters. Which means my brother has four sisters. Don’t pity him, he’s spoilt from being the only boy.